Asqatasun v4 - RGAA 3.0 - Rule 10.13.1
This test consists in checking whether each hidden text of the page can be displayed or is not supposed to be rendered to the user
On each Web page, does each hidden text meet one of the following conditions?
- The text is not intended to be rendered by assistive technologies
- The text is made visible on user action on the element itself or on an element before the hidden text
- The hidden text is part of a user interface component ruled by the ARIA API, which manages the displayed or hidden status of the content
All the hidden text elements. Elements from the DOM with :
- a not empty text and
- a "display" css property equals to "none" or a "visibility" css property equals to "hidden", these properties can be inherited from a parent (see Note for more details about the selection)
The selection handles the process.
For each element of Set1 raise a MessageA
Message 1: Hidden text detected
- code : HiddenTextDetected
- status: Pre-Qualified
- parameter : snippet
- present in source : yes
The page has no textual hidden element (Set1 is empty)
The page has textual hidden elements (Set1 is not empty)
If the "display" css property is equal to "none" or the "visibility" css property is equal to "hidden" for an element or one of its parents, this element is seen as hidden.